Felicia

Felicia
We are all one planet

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Forest River Conservation Area Clean-Up

I was very excited about creating this service learning project experience. Unfortunately, I could not fully implement my service learning assignment because it would involve students going on a field trip to the local Forest River conservation Area. Since the students could not perform their own clean-up I went to the park myself with trash bag to collect materials. I brought the bag of materials into the classroom and we sorted the materials while discussing types of recyclable materials as well as why to keep litter out of conservation areas.
           I believe if the students can experience the beauty of the conservation areas as well as the magnitude of trash they would be able to be more involved in the project. I would conduct this service learning project into my future classroom because I believe it is a dynamic learning experience. I might even create further service learning projects based on the students’ needs and interest. Exploring topics that students are interested in will guarantee their willingness to partake and their enthusiasm. 

• LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment